Smart Projectors Are Breathing Fresh Air
Into The Action Movie Experience
By XGIMI Tech - 2022-05
Experiencing Heart-Racing Moments With Action Movies
Typical action movies get the heart racing, especially when you do not know what to expect. You may catch yourself grasping the sofa tightly or too immersed in the movie to remember to eat your popcorn. Most action movies have intense scenes of gunfights, dangerous car racing in the streets, or martial arts. Add a gargantuan screen to the mix, and you might find yourself never wanting to get up from the sofa.
Smart home theater projectors can deliver an immersive action movie experience, whether in the living room, the backyard, or when you are on a camping trip. With powerful features that deliver fast-paced motions with little image blurs, excellent built-in sound, imaging, and brightness, you can enjoy a cinematic feel when watching the John Wick series or Die Hard.
This article will explore recommended action movies to watch, the features of smart projectors that make watching action movies with them more enjoyable, and recommended home theater or ultra-short throw projectors that have these features.
Action Movies That Will Make You Hold Your Breath
For action movie recommendations to spice up your movie night, here are a few you may enjoy watching:
Kill Bill: Vol. 1
Directed by the famous Quentin Tarantino, Kill Bill Vol. 1 tells the story of a pregnant assassin who goes into a four-year coma after a brutal attack by Bill, her ex-boss. The Bride (codename for the assassin) wakes up and sets out on a revenge mission against Bill and his associates.
The John Wick Franchise
A famous American action-thriller, the John Wick series stars Keanu Reeves as John Wick, who is an assassin forced again into the criminal underworld he left behind.
Set in ancient Greece, 300 is a movie about the battle of Thermopylae. Knowing they face certain death, King Leonidas and his band of 300 Spartans defy the mighty army of Persia and her god-king, Xerxes.
The Fate of the Furious
The Fate of the Furious is the eighth movie in the breathtaking Fast and Furious saga. In the movie, Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) meets a mysterious woman, Cipher, who gets him involved in terrorism. The crew bands together again to save Dom and stop Cipher.
Mad Max: Fury Road
Loved by many for its excellent depiction of a world in anarchy, Mad Max: Fury Road is set in post-apocalyptic times. The movie tells how Max (Tom Hardy) joins Imperator Furiosa (Charlize Theron), a rebel, to take down a mad dictator that controls the land's water supply.
The only James Bond movie on this list starring Daniel Craig as James Bond, Skyfall resurrects Bond's past as he tries to save M. James Bond's principal, M, is the subject of a witch-hunt by an ex-MI6 agent who stole a hard drive with classified information.
The Matrix (1999)
A sci-fi movie by all standards, The Matrix tells the story of Thomas Anderson (Keanu Reeves), a computer programmer. He is led into a hidden battle against advanced supercomputers that have shaped his entire reality with a structure called the Matrix.
Die Hard Series
Die Hard is an American action movie series of five movies, with the first released in 1988. The series revolves around John McClane (Bruce Willis), a detective in the New York/Los Angeles Police Departments who continues to find himself amid crises and has to assume the role of a hero.
Marvel's Avengers: Endgame is the final movie in the Avengers franchise. One of the Eternal warlords, Thanos, has disintegrated half of the known universe. The remaining Avengers, with Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor in the lead, must unite and reassemble to restore hope and balance to the world.
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight is a superhero-themed movie set in the imaginary Gotham City. When Batman (Christian Bale), Dent (Aaron Eckhart), and Gordon (Gary Oldman) begin a coordinated attack on organized crime in Gotham City, the gangs hire Joker (Heath Ledger), a psychopathic criminal who vows to kill Batman and ruin the city.
Why You Should Watch Your Favorite Action Movies With Smart Projectors
Smart projectors have powerful features that can elevate the action movie experience in the home or outdoors, such as:
Action movies are generally fast-paced — involving a lot of quick movement like running, car racing, or combat. Producing crystal-clear displays with limited image blurs/trailing when streaming fast-moving videos is the advantage that MEMC (motion compensation technology) brings.
MEMC inserts additional frames between two frames of footage, increasing the number of frames per second in the same scene. With more frames, quick movements are displayed smoothly without image trailing.
Sound is a key factor in creating an engaging action movie experience. The car crashes, gunshots, the screech of swords as they clash, and background music are integral to the movie. Some smart projectors have professional built-in speakers that can deliver accurate, dynamic, and high-fidelity sound, fully immersing the audience and creating a true home theater feel.
With smart projectors, you can watch your favorite action movies on screens as large as 200". Large screens heighten the action movie experience and make for comfortable viewing, as you can be a good distance away and still be immersed in the movie.
Action movies are better appreciated when all details are displayed. Some smart projectors can deliver images in 1080p or 4K UHD resolution for a crystal-clear display.
Smart projectors can project with a brightness of 900 to 2400 ANSI lumens for beaming bright displays indoors or outdoors, making it easier to watch dark scenes.
Some smart projectors run on Android TV, which gives you access to thousands of apps and streaming services via Google Play. They also have multiple connectivity ports like USB, HDMI, LAN, and audio jack, for you to connect external devices like gaming consoles, laptops, flash drives, or TV sticks for added entertainment.
Why No Action Movie is Complete Without an XGIMI Projector
The following home theater projectors can deliver a truly remarkable action movie experience:
XGIMI Horizon Pro (4K Home Projector)
●4K UHD/2400 ANSI lumens deliver a crystal-clear and beaming bright display, helping you to see every detail.
●ISA Technology: Intelligent Screen Adaptation technology streamlines setup:
○ Auto Focus ensures the image is sharp and focused.
○ Auto Keystone Correction delivers a rectangular display from side projection, up to 45°± vertically and horizontally.
○ Obstacle Avoidance resizes the display away from objects in the projection area.
○Smart Screen Alignment fits the projection to the screen dimensionally.
If you would like to know more about XGIMI’s ISA technology, please check this article.
●MEMC delivers frame refresh rates of up to 60Hz, producing minimal image blurs in action movies.
● Max 200-inch screen for comfortable viewing and an enhanced experience.
●HDR10 produces well-defined whites and blacks with high contrast ratios for more realistic visuals.
●Built-in speakers from Harman Kardon produce dynamic HiFi sound that accurately delivers all the sounds in the movie.
● The X-VUE 2.0 Image Engine delivers rich and lifelike colors for a mesmerizing display.
●2× HDMI, 2× USB, 1× LAN, and 1× audio for connecting gaming consoles, flash drives, or external audio outputs.
● Chromecast built-in support is available for screen mirroring, and Bluetooth and WiFi are also supported.
● HORIZON Pro runs on Android TV for access to 5000+ apps like Disney+ and Hulu.
Find out more on HORIZON Pro here.
XGIMI AURA (4K Ultra Short Throw Laser Projector)
● 4K UHD resolution and 2400 ANSI brightness produce clear and bright displays, making every detail visible, even in dark scenes.
● MEMC reduces image trailing in action movies with refresh rates of up to 60Hz.
●Ultra short throw technology can produce a 120" screen 11.7 inches away from the screen or wall, saving space and a large screen for comfortable viewing.
●The X-VUE 2.0 Image Engine delivers captivating images in realistic colors.
● Dual built-in Harman Kardon speakers produce professional HiFi sound for an immersive experience.
● The easy-to-use 8-point manual keystone correction eases setup by delivering a rectangular image from a side projection.
● 3× HDMI, 3× USB, 1× LAN, and 1× audio help connect gaming consoles, hard drives, and other devices for added entertainment options.
● Chromecast built-in supports screen mirroring of smartphones or computers, and WiFi/Bluetooth is supported.
● Android TV™ puts over 5,000 apps like HBO Max and YouTube at your fingertips.
Learn more about XGIMI AURA here.
XGIMI Halo+ (1080p FHD Portable Projector)
● Built-in 59W battery can provide about 2.5 hours of power, sufficient for one action movie.
●Max 200-inch screen ensures a widescreen display for comfortable viewing.
● MEMC mitigates image blurs/trailing in action movies with refresh rates up to 60Hz.
● 1080p resolution/900 ANSI lumens brightness delivers clear and beaming bright images, great for action movies.
● Dual built-in Harman Kardon speakers produce immersive HiFi sound in outdoor settings.
● The X-VUE 2.0 Image Engine delivers images in rich and lifelike colors, creating beautiful displays.
● ISA Technology: Enjoy an easy setup with:
○ Auto Focus for a sharp and clear image,
○ Intelligent Obstacle Avoidance that keeps the display away from obstacles in the projection area by resizing it,
○Auto Keystone Correction that ensures the image remains rectangular from side projection,
○ and Smart Screen Alignment that adjusts the display to fit the dimensions of the projector screen.
● Android TV™ offers access to 5,000+ apps for entertainment like Disney+, Chromecast built-in supports screen mirroring, WiFi, and Bluetooth compatibility is available.
●The HDR10 feature uses a high contrast ratio to deliver whiter whites and darker blacks, producing a true-to-life display. .
Learn more about XGIMI Halo+ here.
Action Movies Plus Smart Projectors: The Perfect Combo
You can enjoy watching your favorite action movies with minimal image blurs, professional HiFi sound, clear and well-detailed displays, and large, beaming bright images, indoors or outdoors, with smart projectors. XGIMI ultra short throw projector AURA, home projector HORIZON Pro, and portable projector Halo+ can deliver a cinematic feel, large screens, and an immersive viewing experience.
Always be the special one.
Receive exclusive offer, newsletter, and more